Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 22: Amsterdam

It was sad to leave The Hague this morning - as I told you in my previous post. We gave our gifts to our host family (I was so happy that my mugs and plat I had brought as gifts remained perfectly in tact - go mum's packing skills!) and they were well recieved. We even taught our host sister how to drink tea through a Timtam. Exciting times being a tourist indeed. The train trip itself was uneventful although we did enjoy catching up after spending a week all but completely separated from one another.

After arriving in Amsterdam and checking in, we were set lose in the city. Our group grabbed lunch and then split up. I did look into going to the Anne Frank Museum, but the line would have taken half an hour to get through and it wasn't going to be worth the time. So my group explored and shopped. The city is beautiful, but, as we discovered, very similar all over. By the time it came to come home, we weren't sure how to get back and arrived back late because we were told to take the wrong tram and ended up going in the wrong direction. How helpful. But it was okay in the end, we made it back, an hour after we had set off for home.

One member of our delegation has already left, which is sad. Tomorrow we go our separate ways as some of us (such as myself) head off and others continue in Europe on private vacation. THIMUN 2011 has been an amazing experience. I promise I will post again soon.

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment