Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 4: Prague

Just another short blog post, it has ben a big day and I am very tired. We have been out touring Prague all day and just haven't stopped.

We started the day with a walking tour where we saw the museum and some wonderful churches. We also crossed the Charles Bridge and attempted a social experiment, trying to subliminally encourage people to rub leaves on one of the statues on the bridge. It was a pretty chilly day so after stopping by the John Lennon wall the group headed towards a cafe to have a hot chocolate, which I decided to skip because lunch was very close.

After drinking out hot chocolates, we headed up the mountain to the Presidential Palace and the nearby Church. This was truely stunning and I have managed to take a few pictures of the glorious church which i will share tomorrow. We experienced the changing of the guard, up really close and personal (one of the soldiers came right up into my face. Thrilling and exciting experience there.) After this we were let lose on the city to find some food.

For lunch I had a wonderful hot white chocolate and a huge pancake with cooked apple and whipped cream. It was still unbelievably cheap. I love Prague so much. Our group was then let lose on the city to do as we pleaseed until 5pm. I went shopping and managed to grab a few bargins. At 5pm we regrouped and had amazing ice creams before heading off to dinner.

Tomorrow morning we leave bright and early for Budapest. I am sad to be leaving Prague, but the trip must continue. Until next time

~ Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment